Business Intelligence Analyst Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-2746001)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. As part of the Finance Business Intelligence team, you will use data to inform business and product decisions across the company. Using your technical skills, business acumen and creativity, you will build tools to automate reporting and insights so clients can see quickly and accurately how our key business products and processes are performing. Previous experience providing business intelligence for Oracle Financials will have equipped you well for this role.You’ll be involved from project inception to design through to delivery, ensuring that your reports are delivering high-quality and relevant data so that our business can grow intelligently.
In this position, you will work with high-performing teams within Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering to play a core role providing technical, analytical and reporting solutions in support of Google’s Finance, Sales and Product organizations.
You should be a self-starter with a good knowledge of BI tools and approaches, together with a knowledge of finance and accounting processes. You will work with the business in understanding their evolving requirements and with Engineering to deliver practical but innovative solutions of real business benefit. You will also have the personal skills, creativity and drive to build your own prototype solutions and to provide training and guidance to team members and partners.
* Work closely with finance management and their teams to understand their information needs, ensuring that BI solutions are an excellent fit to their evolving needs and helping develop their own related skills capabilities.
* Own and deliver multiple BI work streams, both on an ongoing and ad-hoc basis.
* Work with Engineering partners to help shape and drive the development of Google’s BI infrastructure including Data Warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms.
* Contribute to the development of the BI team’s tools, skills, culture and impact for Finance and Google.
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, technical or business fields or equivalent practical experience.
* Strong database experience including proficiency in SQL coding across standard commercial databases (e.g Oracle, Teradata, MySQL etc.). Experience in Web-scale databases, Hadoop, or NoSQL technologies. Knowledge of standard finance systems (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion) together with knowledge of core finance processes.
* Knowledge of commercial and emerging reporting tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, D3).
* Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business acumen & consulting experience.
* Genuine excitement and passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information / insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organisation.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Government jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Business Intelligence Analyst, Enterprise Sales Operations
Google - Mountain View, CA
Business Intelligence Analyst, Partner Solutions
Google - Mountain View, CA
Military Community Director
Pinnacle - Mountain View, CA
Locate this job: