Community Manager (Multiple Products) Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-33107)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
The Consumer Operations team is all about focusing on the user. You work on our flagship consumer products like Gmail, Chrome, Android and Google+ to actively support global users through help centers and online communities. You are a Google guru. You have detailed knowledge of our constantly evolving product suite to ensure that user feedback flows to the Product team and fuels innovation. In this highly cross-functional role, you are the voice of our users and problem-solve with the Product, Marketing, Legal and Engineering teams. You process suggestions, bugs, abuse and other product information to ensure we are constantly improving the user experience.
The Community Manager is part of the Consumer Operations team. You own the relationships between a Google product and its users. You are the expert on building dynamic, high quality online and real-world communities and user engagement. You nurture the community and interact with our users through forums, conferences or wherever they are! You cultivate relationships with some of our most active users of products like Google+, Docs, Maps, Offers, AdWords, Wallet etc. You are in tune with the community climate and can influence key external stakeholders to make critical product or process changes. You are well-versed in social media and online community trends, technology and strategies, and are comfortable acting in the public sphere.
* Represent Google by actively driving, growing and managing a Google product community, building healthy relationships with community power users and influencers, and engaging directly with users, online and offline.
* Evangelize our products and educate our users via forums, blogs, social media, events, webinars and other external communications channels.
* Use qualitative feedback to identify key trends and insights in user needs and communicate them. Champion recommendations for product or process changes.
* Lead new innovations in community programs, including process improvements, best practice sharing and measuring and driving community health metrics.
* Develop, own and execute community strategy for your product team; contribute to Google’s overall community strategy.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of experience in technology-related public relations or marketing, and/or leading an online community
* Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and independent thinker.
* Ability to work effectively cross-functionally with proven track record of driving results.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
* Demonstrated technical expertise and knowledge of Google technology, the Internet and social media
* Proven good judgment in navigating and resolving sensitive situations
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications and instructions
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Menlo Park, CA
High Level Date Entry Clerk
Kelly Services - Palo Alto, CA
Kelly Services - Fremont, CA
Locate this job: