Consumer Operations, Documentation and Communications Specialist Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-33108)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
The Consumer Operations team is all about focusing on the user. You work on our flagship consumer products like Gmail, Chrome, Android and Google+ to actively support global users through help centers and online communities. You are a Google guru. You have detailed knowledge of our constantly evolving product suite to ensure that user feedback flows to the Product team and fuels innovation. In this highly cross-functional role, you are the voice of our users and problem-solve with the Product, Marketing, Legal and Engineering teams. You process suggestions, bugs, abuse and other product information to ensure we are constantly improving the user experience.
As a Documentation and Communications Program Manager for Consumer Operations, you will be responsible for owning global documentation infrastructure and processes, and for managing product information flows between Google, global vendor teams, and partners. Working closely with the User Support and Vendor Operations teams, you’ll assess documentation priorities based on business growth, product launches, and regional call center maturity. You’ll also own the global communication strategy to ensure that the latest information is efficiently distributed, understood by each customer facing agent, and that the best information is possible to handle a support issue. You’ll execute on these priorities using a deep understanding of our product portfolio, our scaling approach, and our healthy obsession with metrics.
This role will require you to lead the vision and roadmap for ConOps contact center documentation and communication. You’ll be responsible for managing the rapidly evolving knowledge base and for the optimal flow of any information underpinning the best customer support experience Google can deliver. The role will require constant innovation: rapid change with global scale, evaluating new technologies and methods, and an analytical approach to communications. You will ensure that our contact centers worldwide don’t just absorb information effectively, but also convey customer and operational insights back to Google as effectively.
* Build and manage a global infrastructure for internal documentation and customer support resources.
* Drive content improvements by collaborating with subject matter experts within User Support teams. Ensure agent troubleshooting tools have accurate, current, and consistent content.
* Collaborate with training and quality assurance personnel at Google, vendors, and partners sites to build on a shared knowledge base.
* Design and deploy a closed loop communications feedback process between Google and our support center partners.
* Work alongside User Support teams to prepare for product launches and keep pace with product changes. Focus on Android devices, Chrome OS, and Google Play (Android Apps, Books, Movies, Music, Magazines), but may grow to include other products.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 7 years of experience.
* Experience working on consumer products (software and/or hardware) in a documentation, communications, training, or quality assurance capacity.
* Call center knowledge and experience, including call center structure, tools, training, and quality processes.
* Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Knowledge Base (KB) solutions and usage.
* Experience in structuring content to be visually appealing and easily interpreted, using Photoshop, HTML, and other tools.
* Hands-on leader with a strong track record of managing documentation and communication processes with large global organizations.
* Superb written and oral communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Marketing/Ad/PR jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
User Acquisition Coordinator gig in Palo Alto (3-6 month contract)
24 Seven - Palo Alto, CA
Acqusition Marketing Specialist gig in Redwood City (12 month contract)
24 Seven - Redwood City, CA
Merchandising Specialist role in San Jose (6 month contract)
24 Seven - San Jose, CA
Locate this job: