Data Center Commissioning Program Manager Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-35121)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your broad technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
As a highly motivated Program Manager you will have demonstrated experience in the area of complex, multi-disciplinary, and geographically dispersed data center design, development, construction and commisioning projects. You will provide project management of large-scale data centers, computer farms, networking, AC power distribution/conversion, and cooling methods at multiple scales. This role manages complex schedules, budgets, and broad inter- dependencies. You will have broad experience managing large scale technical projects in a rapidly changing industry, be able to tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem solving leadership with limited oversight.
* Planning, directing and motivating all aspects of projects from small to large size with a high degree of technical complexity.
* Ability to be involved with the production and coordination of several projects concurrently.
* Establish relations with supply chain, engineering, and operations and be involved with design development, contract document work sessions, and system installations & testing during construction, factory witness testing, and review of systems operations and maintenance during the warranty phase.
* Coordinate activities with Site Project Manager and technical professionals from all disciplines including support for Lead Engineers in defining and implementing testing procedures and scripts for multiple and simultaneous data center projects.
* Travel to Factory Witness and Acceptance Tests at vendor facilities and to data center location for Integrated System Testing.
* BS degree in technical field
or equivalent practical experience.
* MS or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, construction management, or related technical field.
* Broad experience with commissioning data centers or critical facilities.
* 6 years of relevant work experience with data center equipment/environments, including switch gears, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, fire safety systems and a thorough understanding of start up/commissioning processes.
* Knowledge of large scale facility electrical and mechanical systems.
* Ensure that programs are conducted within budget and on schedule.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously, often under aggressive deadlines.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Senior SAS Programmer
Kelly Services - Pleasanton, CA
Solution Architect - Supply Chain Application Development
Safeway - Pleasanton, CA
Safeway - Pleasanton, CA
Locate this job: