Data Center Facilities Technician Job Listing at Google in Lenoir, NC (Job ID googleus-33114)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians on this team operate, monitor and support all facilities activity at Google''s data centers. You take ownership of the operation and maintenance of water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution and control and monitoring Systems. You''re at the forefront of best-in-class environmental practices. You bring the ideas of our Data Center Engineers to life and develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving efficiencies. You ensure that problems are identified and repaired quickly, that contractors deliver quality services and preventive maintenance, and that safety measures are being performed. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you respond to data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
You help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems (e.g., piping, cooling, and non-critical electrical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
* Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems. Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical and Building Monitoring and Control
* Track and trend operational characteristics
* Associate''s degree, trade school certification or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 2 years experience at journeyman or technician level in a critical environment.
* 2 years experience in mechanical/HVAC, electrical or a combination of both.
* Mechanical applicants must have or obtain a Universal Refrigerant Handler''s certification; electrical applicants must have or obtain licensing if required by the local jurisdiction.
* Knowledge of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units.
* Data center, hospital or power plant experience.
* Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems.
* Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on-call.
* Ability to lift and move 50 lbs of equipment; work on platforms, ladders and under raised floors.
* These positions require shift work that includes weekends and holidays.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in North Carolina
View similar jobs:
Database Analyst 4 (Microsoft Busin)
Wells Fargo - Winterville, NC
Quality Control Technician
Kelly Services - Henderson, NC
Engineering Program Manager
Kelly Services - New Bern, NC
Locate this job: