Data Center Program Manager Job Listing at Google in Adair, OK (Job ID googleus-953001)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google''s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You''re equally at home explaining your team''s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
As a highly motivated Program Manager you will have demonstrated experience in the area of complex, multi-disciplinary, and geographically dispersed datacenter design, development, construction and commisioning projects. You will provide project management of large-scale datacenters, computer farms, networking, AC power distribution/conversion, and cooling methods at multiple scales. This role manages complex schedules, budgets, and broad inter- dependencies. You will have extensive experience managing large scale technical projects in a rapidly changing industry, be able to tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem solving leadership with limited oversight.
* Manage multiple, simultaneous datacenter projects from inception through completion.
* Support special R&D; experiments, renovations, and upgrades of existing facility.
* Be responsible for gathering internal requirements and delivering solutions that satisfy customer''s needs.
* Maintain end to end responsibility from construction to deployment including.
* Demonstrate strong performance in resolving highly critical issues within matrix organization while maintaining rigorous adherence to project timelines and costs.
* BS degree in technical field
* r equivalent practical experience.
* 4 years relevant work experience managing complex, multi-group, multi-disciplinary projects.
* MS in Electrical Enginering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Construction Management or related technical field.
* 6 years relevant work experience with datacenter equipment/environments, including switch gears, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, fire safety systems and working understanding of start up/commissioning processes.
* Experience managing vendor relationships and understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast track design build processes and associated documents and contracts.
* Knowledge of large scale facility electrical and mechanical systems.
* Demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling and achieving objectives on schedule within budget.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Tulsa, OK
View similar jobs:
Vocational Support Staff
Goodwill Industries - Tulsa, OK
Case & Assoc Properties INC - Tulsa, OK
Parkside Psychiatric Hospital - Tulsa, OK
Locate this job: