Developer Programs Engineer Job Listing at Google in New York, NY (Job ID googleus-39107)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
We're self-proclaimed nerds, and our Developer Relations organization keeps us connected to the communities that love technology as much as we do. Part community manager and part developer advocate, Developer Programs Engineers collaborate with developers at conferences and online, and advocate for developers interests internally at Google. Not afraid to be hands-on, you write sample code and client libraries as well as participate in developer forums and support queues to troubleshoot and debug coding problems developers encounter. Internally, you work with product engineering teams improve our products by conveying feedback from developers, reviewing API designs and testing new features. Chrome, Android, App Engine, HTML5 as well as our core Google Apps and Ads APIs are just some of the platforms you promote and support.
You provide technical expertise to 3rd party organizations to ensure their success and help them develop their applications using Google technologies.
* Assist third-party developers in troubleshooting their integrations with Google APIs and use of other Google developer products.
* Manage and participate in developer discussion forums and support queues to debug and resolve technical/coding problems.
* Write sample code and client libraries, and contribute to open source projects.
* Build strong ecosystem for developer products by blogging, writing technical articles, making presentations at developer conferences, and working with local developer communities.
* Help product engineering teams improve developer products by conveying feedback from developers, reviewing API designs, and testing new features.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or a similar technical degree.
* 2 years of engineering/programming work experience including web application or mobile application development experience.
* Knowledge of XML.
* 4 years of relevant work experience.
* Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
* Experience using SOAP or REST web services.
* Experience as a committer in an open source project.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Program Manager - Risk IT
RBC - New York, NY
Senior iOS Developer
CMP - New York, NY
Database Developer Data Modeler
RMS Computer Corporation - Jersey City, NJ
Locate this job: