Engineering Manager/Director, Site Reliability Engineering Job Listing at Google in Munich (Job ID googleus-43101)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Like Google''s own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
* Lead a hybrid team of software engineers, system administrators, and operations architects on highly visible projects, with regards to deploying live end-user systems and mission critical services.
* Own end-to-end availability and performance of Google''s most visible services and properties.
* Ensure a great, almost-100% reliable experience for Google users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of innovation and change in the services
* BA/BS in Computer Science
* r equivalent practical experience.
* Very high technical competence.
* Extensive relevant hands-on technical management experience of software developers, systems administrators/architects, as well as, a record of individual technical achievement.
* That rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute teams across the company.
* Excellent coding skill in C, C++, Java, sh/PERL/Python; expertise in UNIX/Linux use and internals, IP networking and network devices.
* Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold their own in a strategy discussion with Google''s executive team.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Germany
View similar jobs:
Application Engineer (m/w)
Emerson - Hasselroth, Germany
Serviceingenieur / Servicetechniker (m/w)
Emerson - Frankfurt Am Main, Germany
Field Service Engineer (m/w)
Emerson - Haan, Germany
Locate this job: