Engineering Manager/Director, Site Reliability Engineering Job Listing at Google in Kirkland, WA (Job ID googleus-1663001)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
As an Engineering Manager/Director, you will be responsible for one of the most demanding and high-profile departments within Google. You will be accountable for Google’s production services from end-to-end and also for engineering reliability into code, infrastructure, OS, network, and processes used to help Google scale. Other areas of responsibility include dealing with latency and capacity planning and efficient resource utilization.
* Be directly responsible for Google's stellar uptime record.
* Be the guardian/custodian of the end-to-end performance and reliability of Google's user-facing services.
* Be accountable for ensuring that Google users can always reach and use all of the services under your team's care.
* Lead a hybrid team of software engineers, system administrators and operations architects on highly visible projects, with regards to deploying live end-user systems and mission critical services.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent or equivalent practical experience.
* Understanding of UNIX/Linux platform.
* Understanding of IP networking, network devices and common topologies.
* Knowledge of C, C++ or Java and Shell, Perl or Python.
* Extensive relevant hands-on technical management experience of software developers, systems administrators/architects, and a record of individual technical achievement.
* Have the rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility and diplomacy, which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute teams across the company.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Seattle, WA
View similar jobs:
Sr Specialist RAN Engineer+
AT&T - Redmond, WA
Senior Technical Architect
AT&T - Redmond, WA
Arnold-Hanafin Corporation - Seattle, WA
Locate this job: