Enterprise Cloud Platform Sales Engineer Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-39116)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
When leading companies decide to "go Google," it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. But the Enterprise Sales team can't do it alone. Once educational institutions, government agencies and other businesses sign on to use Google Enterprise products to make their work more productive, mobile and collaborative, you come in. As an Enterprise Sales Engineer, you assist fellow Sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the Product Marketing Management and Engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Enterprise products.
We are looking for Sales Engineers with excellent technical, communication and organizational skills to join our Enterprise sales team. Your previous experience with cloud platform and infrastructure products, search products, content/document management repository systems, and SQL-based relational databases will be on display as you engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements. You should be a confident presenter with excellent presentation skills and the ability to persuasively present Google's product offering.
* Work with team to identify and qualify sales opportunities, identifies key customer technical objections and develops the strategy to resolve technical impediments to closing sales transactions.
* Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
* Work hands-on with Google's Enterprise Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
* Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard & slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
* Makes recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing “best practice” advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team)
* Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field
* Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies. Working knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platform, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, cookies/sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML), understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ).
* Experience in and understanding of data and information management - especially as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses; hands-on experience using and/or managing databases
* Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems
* Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Sales jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Relationship Banker - Foxworthy & Meridian
JPMorgan Chase - San Jose, CA
Macy's Cupertino Square: Retail Cosmetics Sales - Beauty Advisor - Flex Team
Macy's Beauty - Vallco, CA
Macy's Cupertino Square: Retail Cosmetics Sales - Beauty Advisor Shiseido, Part Time
Macy's Beauty - Vallco, CA
Locate this job: