San Bruno, CA, USA Job Listing at Google in United States of America
Media / Publishing, Business Services
* Build a deep understanding of user motivations, market opportunities and competition through research and design exploration.
* Create storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and experience prototypes to guide development.
* Iterate on design based on user feedback, user research, tech constraints, market dynamics.
* Guide development to faithfully implement fantastic experiences on tv, tablets and phones.
* Collaborate with user researchers, visual designers, prototypers, product managers and software engineers Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
* BA/BS in design, human-computer interaction, or a related fieldor. In lieu of a degree 10 years experience.
* Proficiency with the basic software tools of the trade and 4 years of experience designing software interfaces.
* Excellent visual design skills and outstanding portfolio of interactive projects, including work that demonstrates strong familiarity with designing for devices and strong understanding of 10ft heuristics, and ideas for improving the TV experience.
* Experience prototyping motion and interactivity (using Flash, AfterEffects, Maya, or other tools).
* Experience working collaboratively with other designers, product managers and engineers in a variety of settings and strong communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs.
* Detailed and practical understanding of best practices in user experience design.
* Good project management and implementation skills.
* The ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines without compromising quality.
The first video posted on YouTube was a 19-second clip called "Me at the Zoo." Today, more than 72 hours of video are uploaded every minute. The YouTube and Video team helps budding filmmakers and musicians build careers, creates products like Google TV and YouTube Live and runs collaborative projects like Life in a Day and the YouTube Space Lab. We are changing how people entertain, inform, share and change the world, one video at a time.
Team or role:
User Experience & Design
Feb 21, 2012
San Bruno, CA, USA
Sign in to see your connections at Google
To all recruitment agencies:Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Dublin, Ireland
View similar jobs:
Application Developer - Reporting
First Data - Dublin
Online Web Developer
Telefonica - Dublin
Locate this job: