Enterprise Technical Solutions Engineer, Maps and Earth Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-1379001)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you're helping the globe "go Google" by working with leading companies, schools and government agencies to ease their transition to Google tools--like Apps, Chrome, Cloud, Maps and Search. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Enterprise business and bringing our product portfolio into companies both big and small around the world.
* Help others deploy Google technology: Provide technical guidance to Googlers, partners and field teams deploying Google Maps for Business solutions.
* Analyze software and hardware problems: Provide API, software, and/or hardware troubleshooting for Google Maps for Business users: debug customer applications, provide software architecture guidance to Enterprise developers and OEMs, and handle business, product, or technical questions via phone, web, or email, or pager.
* Resolve technical issues at root cause: Identify and document bugs and feature requests affecting OEMs, IT admins, and developers; implement effective solutions to their problems along business-appropriate time lines; author documentation and code samples; fix product bugs and implement feature requests.
* Improve and innovate Google’s geospatial software and solutions: Work closely with Google developers, product managers, and technical sales teams to improve Maps for Business products; influence product design, develop product code, and/or participate in contract negotiation and structuring innovative deals.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Good foundation in HTTP 1.1, XML, HTML5, and JSON; experience working with APIs; strong familiarity with CSS.
* Good understanding of Linux system administration (automating tasks via scripting in languages like bash, Python, Perl; use of utilities like cron, iostat, netstat; familiarity with runlevels/proc).
* Keen to change the world (or at least ways of visualizing the world) through support and development of market-disrupting geospatial software.
* Good understanding of projections, vector data formats (Shape Files, GML), raster data formats (JPEG 2k, GeoTIFF) and relevant geospatial technologies and standards (WMS, WFS, and other OGC specifications).
* Experience with open-source (e.g GDAL/OGR) and commercial (ArcGIS) GIS software.
* Good understanding of TCP/IP protocol and networking (able to read a packet trace, familiar with steps to setup and teardown TCP/IP connections, able to understand and optimize corporate network architecture).
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
IT Infrastructure Specialist - Graveyard Shift
Talentburst, Inc. - Mountain View, CA
System Verification Specialist
Talentburst, Inc. - San Jose, CA
Robert Half Technology - Redwood City, CA
Locate this job: