Web Developer, YouTube Job Listing at Google in CA
Media / Publishing, Business Services
* Work closely with UX designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to tricky web development problems.
* Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
* Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
* Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise, and be ready to make YouTube better for our users.
* BS in Computer Science. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
* 4 years of experience in software development; in-depth experience developing numerous web-based applications.
* Experience with a scripting language, such as Python, Ruby, etc.
* MS in Computer Science.
* Experience working in UNIX environment.
* Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
* Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
The first video posted on YouTube was a 19-second clip called "Me at the Zoo." Today, more than 72 hours of video are uploaded every minute. The YouTube and Video team helps budding filmmakers and musicians build careers, creates products like Google TV and YouTube Live and runs collaborative projects like Life in a Day and the YouTube Space Lab. We are changing how people entertain, inform, share and change the world, one video at a time.
Team or role:
Oct 13, 2009
San Bruno, CA, USA
Sign in to see your connections at Google
To all recruitment agencies:Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Telecommuting jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
AmeriPlan - Charleston, South Carolina
Talent Retriever - Boston, MA
Web Presence Sales Position
New Covenant Software - Newmanstown, Pennsylvania
Locate this job: