Hardware Operations Manager Job Listing at Google in Lenoir, NC (Job ID googleus-431005)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As an Operations Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). You'll also tackle the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
You manage a team that ensures the quality installation of server hardware and components. You coordinate over multiple sites and take charge of complicated installations/troubleshooting.
* Oversee the day to day management of teams within data center operations.
* Work with others to identify problems and create solutions for computing and network architecture.
* Take responsibility for the management and implementation of multiple projects for your team.
* Hire, coach and develop a team of technical staff to meet objectives.
* Ensure data center related priorities are consistent with company objectives.
* BA/BS degree in a technical field
or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years experience managing technical teams as a team lead or manager.
* 4 years experience with Linux/UNIX system administration.
* 4 years experience working in data centers and building out infrastructure.
* Strong understanding of HVAC and power requirements for high-availability data centers.
* Strong understanding of networks and PC hardware architecture including maintenance and repair.
* Demonstrated strategic problem solving skills.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in North Carolina
View similar jobs:
Inventory Control Specialist
Kelly Services - Williamston, NC
Kelly Services - Wilson, NC
Kelly Services - Tarboro, NC
Locate this job: