Hardware Systems Engineer, Chromecast Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-370003)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Our Platforms Team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
The Chromecast team is working on revolutionizing how people interact with their TVs, and looking for star engineers to make that a reality. We want to open up the living room to a new realm of possibilities, and transform how people perceive their TV's when Google services are available on that screen. From the moment the user enters the room to the time the TV is turned off, our products drive the experience and guide the user through the maze of increasingly available content and services.
* Define architecture, specification, design and test boards for innovative CE devices.
* Design best in class RF (Wifi, BT) and AV solutions.
* Be responsible for board design and bring up.
* Design boards for low power and highly efficient thermal solutions.
* Strong emphasis on RF and power management.
* MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
* 7 years relevant work experience in hardware architecture, high speed board design, board bring-up experience, devices and interconnects.
* MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering.
* 5 years of relevant experience in the consumer electronics or embedded software space.
* Firmware, software and system-level experience.
* Familiar with consumer networking and multimedia functions such as WiFi, USB, e/SATA, and HDMI.
* Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or embedded environments.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
UX Designer gig in Pleasanton (permanent hire)
24 Seven - Pleasanton, CA
Sr. Software Engineer gig in Palo Alto (3 month contract)
24 Seven - Palo Alto, CA
Technical Program Manager
24 Seven - San Jose, CA
Locate this job: