Head of User Experience and Design, YouTube Job Listing at Google in San Bruno, CA (Job ID googleus-451001)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
YouTube is seeking a creative leader with strong people management skills who
can cooperate across functional lines to shape the product vision and guide
the UX team to realize its full potential. The work is challenging, creative,
fast paced, and intellectually stimulating.
As a UX leader, you will manage and grow a strong, cross-disciplinary team of
designers and researchers across multiple product lines and geographies. The
role requires you to be an expert in design processes and methodologies and to
be able to inspire the team to create world-class products. You will be
required to articulate the vision of the team to engineering and product
leadership. You must be a strong UX advocate: the ‘voice of the user’ in
product design and strategic discussions and an overall force for simplicity
and beauty for the YouTube experience.
* Be an expert in all aspects of User Experience. Have a great understanding of product and experience design, be an ecosystem thinker with end-to-end perspective. Have an eye for great design and a good background knowledge of design principles and practices.
* Manage visual design direction and empower visual designers to realize their vision. Be the voice of the user at all levels of discussion; advocate for understanding of people’s needs; understand methodologies needed to gain that knowledge and use it to drive innovative useful change.
* Build connections across the UX world and help attract and retain great designers and researchers. With industry level insight, you can widely promote the concepts and ideas behind the YouTube user experience.
* Continually improve our design process and empower the UX team to ensure the best possible launches. Encourage teams to innovate and invent by taking smart risks, learning quickly, and optimizing accordingly. Improve efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems.
* Represent the User Experience team within the YouTube cross functional executive team. Present ideas with confidence and persuasion to large and small audiences in a technical company; handle complex problems and understand and use quantitative and qualitative data to make arguments and frame strategic business needs from the users’ perspective.
* BA or BS in Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
* 5 years of leading a User Experience organization.
* 10 years of consumer web experience.
* 10 years relevant work experience, including experience managing a cross-functional user experience team with a variety of disciplines, as well as experience integrating user research into design practices and experience shipping products for large consumer audiences.
* A strong understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles.
* Degree work in human factors, HCI, information design, industrial design, or related area.
* Deep understanding of how design, prototyping, and user research meet complex and varied requirements within tight development windows.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Web Design/Development jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
User Experience Researcher
Google - San Francisco, CA
Web Developer, YouTube
Google - San Bruno, CA
Web Developer for Local, Mobile, and Social Apps
Google - San Francisco, CA
Locate this job: