IP Edge Architect, Google Fiber Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-540001)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
You encourage safe and efficient network operations by leading project teams that maintain and improve network operations. You propose projects that increase network reliability and analyze network technologies that assess implications for Google.
As the IP Edge Architect in Google Fiber, you will have overall responsibility for the IP Service Edge platform, technology and protocol choices as well as vendor strategy for the Google Fiber IP Edge. The IP Service Edge plays a critical role in the network, acting as the delivery point, authentication gateway and primary QoS enforcement point for a variety of services delivered across our network, including IPTV, Internet, Business Services and Infrastructure services. The IP Edge is one part of the Google Fiber MPLS network and you’ll have expert knowledge in MPLS Edge applications including the use of VRF, VPLS and VLL. A key strength the IP Edge Architect will bring to the team is an intimate knowledge of multi-service IP/Ethernet QoS strategies and architectures, with an ability to apply these skills to a multi-tiered and multi-vendor broadband environment. You’ll be surrounded by a team of network architects whom you will bounce ideas off, collaborate with, be challenged by, and together dream up the next big networking thing for Google Fiber. Your skills will stem from an intimate understanding of protocols involved in carrier Broadband networks and your track record of designing and deploying large scale IP/MPLS networks. You will be responsible for technology selection and roadmap as well as evangelising your architecture to the Engineering team, others within Google and the wider Internet industry. As an architect in the Google Fiber team you are the face of Google Fiber’s state of the art network: all of network engineering will look up to you for guidance.
* Prime responsibility in Google Fiber for the IP Service Edge platform; along with the prime responsibility in Google Fiber for end to end IP service QoS architecture
* Working with industry to advocate and improve IP/MPLS standards, platforms and technologies, providing a feedback on real deployment experience and needs. To evaluate emerging technologies and platforms for their inclusion in the Google Fiber network
* Interface with senior management on business requirements and goals that will drive your network architecture. Act as technical advisor to senior management and other Google Fiber teams on topics and roadmaps relating to the IP Service Edge
* Design, select and deploy operational tools, platforms and processes to ensure the highest level of performance, monitoring and ease of operation for the IP Service Edge Review the detailed Network Designs and Network Configs of the Network Engineering group to ensure consistency with the architecture as well as gain insight into how to optimise your architecture after real-world application.
* Create network architectures, blueprints and strategies, including architecture documents, for consumption by the wider Google Fiber Network’s team
* BA/BS degree in a technical field
* r equivalent practical experience.
* Expert-level knowledge of IP, IPv6, Ethernet, MPLS BGP VPN, VPLS, VLL and IP Service Edge deployment and operation.
* Experience and expert-level knowledge of IP/Ethernet QoS strategies and architecture, with experience in application to multi-service & multi-vendor environments.
* Operational experience with large scale carrier multi-service networks.
* Strong English-language written and oral communications skills with the ability to influence others with your stellar network engineering solutions.
* Network certifications such as CCIE/JNCIE/SRA.
* Demonstrated industry participation (Broadband Forum, IETF, NANOG, etc).
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
RN-Quality Mgmnt - San Jose, CA
Valley Healthcare Systems - San Jose, CA
Kelly Services - Santa Clara, CA
Kelly Services - Santa Clara, CA
Locate this job: