Manufacturing Product Engineer, Google Fiber Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-47048)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google's custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you’re right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
As a Manufacturing Product Engineer, you will be an integral part of our Manufacturing Team to assist the Google Fiber Development Team. You will join the team that is responsible for readying our hardware for release to production. You will provide front line support for the Google Platform hardware from production release through end of life. You will be the Manufacturing Product Engineer expert with a proven track record of overcoming huge obstacles to launch new products. You will be also responsible for NPI support and Sustaining Engineering for this role. You will be the focal point for interactions between design engineers, qualifications engineers, quality engineers, test engineers and program managers.
* Provide on-site support for pre-production builds at CM/ODM, to include driving pre-production factory readiness, supporting product bring-up, providing training and gathering feedback on DFx and yield issues.
* Drive Engineering DVT (Design Validation Testing) support and coordinating with Test Engineering to establish test coverage requirements for manufacturing test process.
* Engage with the Google Fiber Development team to establish parameters for monitoring health of fleet and drive program in support of early field failure analysis.
* Own the front line for production and remanufacturing product issues, monitor health of fleet and initiate investigation of problem areas and root cause product failures and drive corrective action.
* Coordinate release of NPI BOMs into the PDM system, technical review of product changes through supply chain and in field, support second source and EOL replacement part qualification and release of ECOs, MCOs, and FCOs.
* BS in Electrical Engineering
or equivalent practical experience.
* Understanding of BOM structures and PDM systems such as Windchill or Agile
* MS in Electrical Engineering.
* 6 years of relevant work experience at a Networking company with optical experience.
* Experience in working ODM's, contract manufacturers and suppliers to drive root cause analysis, corrective actions and continuous process improvements.
* Experience with SQL and/or scripting languages.
* Successfully created and executed a design validation test plan on a complex electronic assembly.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Machinist- Marterial Prep
Kelly Services - Fremont, CA
Kelly Services - Fremont, CA
Inventory Control Coordinator
Kelly Services - San Jose, CA
Locate this job: