San Francisco, CA, USA Job Listing at Google in United States of America
Media / Publishing, Business Services
* Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users experience online search.
* Collect and analyze user behavior through server logs, online experiments (A/B testing), benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys.
* Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
* Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
* Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
* 2 years work experience in an applied research setting.
* 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
* Internet, search and advertising experience.
* Experience with SQL, Python, SPSS and remote usability testing tools, such as Keynote or UserZoom.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
* Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
* Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
There's always more information out there, and often, the information that matters most is what's nearest to you. The Commerce and Local team is made up of our geography and e-commerce experts. When we're not mapping the Amazon rainforest, we're helping you buy a bike, recommending the best slice of pizza within pedaling distance, providing directions on how to get there, and letting you pay for it via your phone. From Google Maps and Google Places to Google Offers and Google Wallet, the Commerce and Local team helps our users navigate the world around them.
Team or role:
User Experience & Design
Nov 01, 2012
San Francisco, CA, USA
Sign in to see your connections at Google
To all recruitment agencies:Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Dublin, Ireland
View similar jobs:
Application Developer - Reporting
First Data - Dublin
Online Web Developer
Telefonica - Dublin
Locate this job: