Network Analyst, Network Capacity Planning Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-31134)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Every day, Google provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. It’s the job of the Network Operations team to make sure that the network our users rely on is performing to Google's high standards at all times.
As a Network Analyst, you enable the team to make the most informed decisions for network expansion and growth. With Google's ever-evolving technologies at your fingertips, you'll be challenged to innovate. At the same time, you work to ensure that the future network will accommodate bandwidth and quality needs for Search, Cloud, Video platforms and more.
By directing how and where to cost-effectively expand network infrastructure, you’ll ensure that our users stay connected with our growing suite of applications, products and services. You play a pivotal role – ensuring that future network capacity**,** platforms and tools will continue to scale to the high-performance needs from our users and meet the safe and efficient monitoring performance for our Network Operations team.
* Adapt and enhance existing models which characterize architectural guidelines and design principles to affect network capacity decisions.
* Create clear input requirements, and manage the modeling output for data-driven decision making.
* Simulate failure scenarios on Google's existing network infrastructure as well as future designs.
* Conduct “what-if“ simulations and bottleneck analysis, investigate the impact of network changes and recommend design optimizations.
* Analyze the modeling input and output data to identify key influential factors and improve quality of the modeling process; communicate simulation, analysis and design results crisply to partner teams.
* MS degree in networking, operations research, computer science or related technical field
* r equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in network modeling.
* Knowledge of MPLS and IP over WDM networks.
* PhD degree in a technical field.
* Experience working on network planning problems of complex scope on large-scale service provider networks.
* Experience with network modeling software (Cariden, WANDL, OPNET, etc.) or in-house custom software.
* Experience in demand forecasting, Monte Carlo simulations, network analysis, performance metrics and operations research for demand-based networks.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Branch Manager Trainee - Silicon Valley/
JPMorgan Chase - Cupertino, CA
Sales Operations Manager
VMware - Palo Alto, CA
Talentburst, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA
Locate this job: