Network Operations Engineer, Google Fiber Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-42139)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
As a Network Operations Engineer, you will be a key part of the support system
for ensuring the delivery of service to the subscribers. You will be
responsible for the smooth operation of the Google Fiber production network,
ensuring it is always available and performing well, supporting both services
traffic between Google and end users and internal traffic related to our
dynamic and rapidly growing application infrastructure. You will be at the
event horizon of high severity network impacts, combining excellent
troubleshooting, communication, and network management skills, to expedite
problem resolution and act as a key point of contact between internal groups,
vendors, and network peers. You will learn quickly and adapt to changes. You
will maintain a high sense of urgency while staying cool under pressure.
Position requires the ability to work rotating shifts to support a 24-hour,
seven-day NOC operation.
* Handle escalated trouble calls and work closely with the NOC, engineering, field technicians, and telecommunications carriers to resolve service issues.
* Act as an externally facing point of contact to facilitate handling of problem reports and maintain relations with network peers and vendors.
* Act as an internally facing point of contact to escalate technical issues and communicate network status.
* Oversee and execute planned network maintenance work, minimizing impact to services.
* Position requires the ability to work rotating shifts to support a 24-hour, seven-day operation.
* BA/BS in EE/CS/CE. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
* 4 years of experience on an Internet service provider or enterprise-level network in engineering or design roles.
* Operational experience with enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches
* Network routing protocol troubleshooting skills in all of BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and MPLS and knowledge of TCP/IP, IPv6, Multicast, VRRP, HSRP, and SNMP protocols.
* Knowledge of various FTTH access technologies.
* Strong English-language written and oral communications skills with the ability to influence others with your stellar network engineering solutions.
* Network certifications such as CCNP/CCIE/JNCIS/JNCIE.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Engineer - Degreed III
Spectraforce - Santa Clara, CA
Mechanical Engineer (Manufacturing), Special Projects
Google - Mountain View, CA
Hardware Automation Engineer, Special Projects
Google - Mountain View, CA
Locate this job: