Mountain View, CA, USA Job Listing at Google in United States of America
Media / Publishing, Business Services
* Requirements gathering for new stress tests as well as system reliability and performance characterization tests for new server systems
* Write specifications for software tests, test reporting automation and data analysis
* Develop tests working with hardware and software development project leads. Build fast and reliable automation tools for results reporting
* Work with server development teams to improve test processes, gather feedback for continuous test improvement
* BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
* 2 years of relevant work experience including experience with at least five of following: x86 architectures, automated test development, UNIX/Linux, device drivers, file systems, firmware and motherboard bring-up.
* Programming experience in C, C++, Python or Assembly.
* Experience with UNIX/Linux server architectures and networked system environments.
* Master's degree.
* 5 years of relevant work experience, including experience with multi-tiered, mission-critical systems.
* Strong knowledge of distributed systems and architecture.
* Ability to independently lead a test development project, including task planning and code reviews, working with software, hardware, firmware and networking engineers.
* Proven ability to share knowledge with more junior team members via a formal mentoring relationship, reviewing code, reviewing design docs, giving technical talks, teaching classes or as a consultant on projects.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
Team or role:
Nov 22, 2010
Mountain View, CA, USA
Sign in to see your connections at Google
To all recruitment agencies:Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Fresno, CA
View similar jobs:
Software Engineer (Web Applications)
APC - CA
Java Engineer with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
Robert Half Technology - East Bay, CA
Technology Sales Specialist
Office Depot - Visalia, CA
Locate this job: