Program Manager, New Product Quality Manager (Hardware Engineering) Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-471003)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google''s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it''s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project''s progress and deadlines.
As a New Product Quality Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring product quality from initial prototyping through to mass production and release to customers. You will work closely with Program Managers, Manufacturing and Test engineers to develop quality plans and monitoring at manufacturing facilities. You are well versed in CM/JDM manufacturing environments and able to work in a fast paced and sometimes high pressure environment.
* Generate Product Quality Plans (PQP), establish Outgoing Quality Control (OQC) and Customer Audit (CA) processes at OEM sites
* Create product risk assessment plans and implement them, Independently manage quality escalation issues
* Support Engineering and the Technical Operations teams during product development and support/attend new product development builds as required
* Conduct periodic reviews of Field/Factory Quality Data with JDM partners
* Lead New Product Quality Improvement Forums and prepare OK-to-Ship documentation for new product launch
* BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
* 4 years of relevant work experience, including 2 years industry experience.
* Masters degree in related field.
* 7 years of experience in consumer electronics; technical (Electrical, Mechanical, Interconnect) knowledge related to computers.
* Knowledge of reliability methods and quality sampling methodologies, design of Experiments, statistical process control methods and theory, third party production quality & process management experience.
* Project management experience, and proven track record of creative problem solving in a development environment; Finance/business background (understand cost drivers and ability to derive costs associated with managing quality).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Mandarin language skills.
* Frequent travel is expected ( 30% or more).
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Talentburst, Inc. - Sunnyvale, CA
Branch Manager Trainee - Silicon Valley/
JPMorgan Chase - Cupertino, CA
Sales Operations Manager
VMware - Palo Alto, CA
Locate this job: