Program Manager, Privacy Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-39151)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Privacy Program Manager, you will partner with Engineering and Product teams across the globe, working closely with Legal, Privacy and management to evaluate Google’s products, services and infrastructure for privacy. Your experience in privacy, audit and compliance processes will be integral as you review projects through design, development and launch phases. This role requires a special combination of privacy expertise, technical experience, organizational skills, and the ability to influence. Part of this role will also be to help iterate and improve privacy processes and infrastructure. Privacy Program Managers juggle multiple projects with tight timeframes and deadlines.
* Manage the Google privacy review process.
* Facilitate privacy discussions between different functions at Google including Product, Engineering, Privacy and Legal teams.
* Help identify priorities and develop solutions to protect user privacy.
* Lead internal process improvement projects, including the development and implementation of internal tools.
* Bachelor's degree
or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years program management experience in a fast paced environment.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Proven ability to prioritize tasks and adapt strategies to changing or conflicting requirements.
* Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Experience working in software product development with intimate familiarity with SDLC.
* Experience working on or with Privacy or Security teams.
* Experience working with Legal teams and external regulators.
* CIPP Certification.
* Proven ability to show solid judgement and make balanced decisions under pressure.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Serene Corporation - Santa Clara, CA
Web Engineer II
Shutterfly, Inc - Sunnyvale, CA
Software Systems Test Engineer
Audience, Inc - Mountain View, CA
Locate this job: