Mountain View, CA, USA Job Listing at Google in United States of America
Media / Publishing, Business Services
* Design one or more of Google's consumer facing products.
* Create a look consistent with all of Google - while pleasing our users.
* Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
* Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
* Market and promote products and features so users understand what they're getting and what the benefits are.
* BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field (In lieu of degree, 5 years relevant work experience).
* 3 years of experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website.
* Fluent in HTML/CSS and solid knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and or Fireworks.
* Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
* Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
* Must be an effective problem solver.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
Team or role:
User Experience & Design
Jul 14, 2003
Mountain View, CA, USA
Sign in to see your connections at Google
To all recruitment agencies:Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Telecommuting jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
North Carolina (NC) SLP Tele-therapy Job Opportunity; Work From Home!
Soliant Health - ., NC
SEO Copywriting Internship-Remote/Work from Home
Perfect Search Media - Chicago, IL
Google - United States of America
Locate this job: