Public Policy and Government Relations Manager Job Listing at Google in Seoul (Job ID googleus-46074)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
A great opportunity exists for bright, well-organized and spirited individuals
to work with a stellar team on cutting edge technology issues. You will handle
our various product agendas with policy makers inside and outside government.
In addition, you will help advise our product and engineering teams on the
public policy implications of their products, working with a closely
coordinated and cross-functional global team. The role requires significant
experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory
agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues.
* Develop and lead public policy campaigns across the full range of policy areas that impact Google and the web. Key issues include technology innovation, free expression, privacy and intellectual property.
* Engage directly with politicians and policy-makers.
* Build a network of trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups and others to support policies that will help create/maintain a user-focused online environment as well as an open Internet.
* Strong academic record with minimum of bachelors degree or equivalent.
* Direct experience working within national politics, government, think tanks, public interest groups or the field of corporate public policy.
* Broad policy experience, preferably with direct knowledge of the tech sector or the key issues impacting the Web, like intellectual property, free expression, Internet access and online safety.
* Experience working in high-stress environments and a proven ability to exercise judgement even in a crisis.
* Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand.
* Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience, including to lead campaigns and mentor more junior members of the team.
* Fluency in Korean and English are a prerequisite.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Korea
View similar jobs:
Army and Air Force Exchange Service - Northern Exchange
Tech Solutions Sr Proj Mgr
EMC - Seoul
CIB - Administrative Assistant, Treasury Services - Seoul
J.P. Morgan - South Korea
Locate this job: