Quality Engineer, Optics Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-954001)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google's custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you’re right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
As a Quality Engineer, you will join the team responsible for setting and managing the quality and reliability standards for the new technologies used in Google's Data Centers. You are a Quality expert with a proven track record of improving the quality of optics during the NPI as well as maintaining it throughout its lifecycle. You are hands-on and an expert in the tools and techniques used to assess product quality. You have solid partner management skills and love to sift through data and use it to drive design or manufacturing process improvements.
* Establish, deliver and maintain product quality and reliability standards for Google's new technologies, leveraging existing tools and processes or developing new ones as required. Own cost of quality and manage it through the life of the product. Quality of optics throughout the lifecycle from NPI to EOL.
* Evaluate and improve product quality and reliability performance using techniques such as DFMEA, HALT, Burn-In, RDT and ORT. Build quality models across a variety of optics products and technology implementations. Use models to predict product reliability performance and drive design improvements.
* Work cross-functionally to define and ensure processes in place to provide the data required to manage quality and reliability. Establish dashboards and metrics and use a data-driven approach to problem identification and resolution.
* Interface with supplier Engineering and contract manufacturers to monitor quality and reliability and drive continuous improvements. Investigate and coordinate failure analysis, determine root causes, categorize failures and drive corrective action in collaboration with the design and commodity teams.
* Lead quality improvement initiatives with Google Engineering and quality section of supplier scorecards during quarterly reviews.
* BS in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
or equivalent practical experience.
* 4 years of Optical Semiconductor Quality Engineer experience.
* MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science or related field.
* 10 years of Quality/Reliability and Optics technology experience.
* Experience with scripting languages and SQL.
* American Society for Quality certification preferred (CQE, CQM, CRE, or CQA)
* Willing to travel.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Menlo Park, CA
Quality Investigator - Pharma
Kelly Services - San Jose, CA
Software Verification Engineer III
KellyMitchell Group - Santa Clara Add, Santa Clara
Locate this job: