Quantity Surveyor Job Listing at Google in Dublin (Job ID googleus-660001)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
When people use Google products, the servers in our data centers do the work--around the clock and around the world. For over ten years, we've been building these centers; now they are some of the most efficient data centers in the world. As part of the data center team, you will ensure that our Data Center Portfolio run as cost efficient as possible. This includes preparing / analyzing bids from contractors, conducting financial analysis, preparing budgets, and reporting costs. From negotiating bids to executing change, you will collaborate with Project Managers, contractors, and upper management to make data driven decisions on both current and future data center costs.
Do you want to be part of Google’s Data Center Engineering & Operations team? This is a great opportunity to serve in a key role to develop and implement best practice cost control processes through collaboration with many stakeholders. The key function is to ensure the cost efficient delivery of Google’s Data Center Portfolio by the organization of data, implementation of scalable processes and the use of professional tools. Should possess strong collaboration, negotiation and communication skills with the ability to identify areas for improvement, develop plans, and execute change.
* Perform a variety of cost engineering functions encompassing estimating, cost control, budget preparations, forecasting and cost reporting with limited supervision.
* Assist in the preparation of bid documents and the management of the bidding process. Evaluate, analyze and compare bids from contractors with in-house estimates along with presentation of summaries to upper management.
* Implement standard procedures for cost information/data submitted by contractors by maintaining cost database and benchmarking for numerous different project types and varying amount of detail.
* Support Data Center Project Managers with their projects change order review, scope of work review, review and approval of proposals, invoicing, pay applications, risk management and value management.
* Conduct financial analysis at the project level and across the portfolio to identify trends, opportunities and risks.
* Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or an Engineering degree in the Civil, Mechanical or Electrical field
* 5 years experience in the construction of high tech facilities.
* Proven experience as an effective stand-alone negotiator.
* Knowledge of European construction methods, practices and standards.
* Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical systems.
* Familiarity with Project Management Institute [PMI] knowledge areas.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Locate this job: