Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering Job Listing at Google in Munich
Media / Publishing, Business Services
* Manage the availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of Google services by engineering reliability into software and systems.
* Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence.
* Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems.
* Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
* Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a global team.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related field (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience).
* Expertise in data structures and algorithms.
* Experience with UNIX systems administration including strong scripting skills in Shell, PHP, Perl or Python.
* Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Knowledge of IP networking, network analysis, performance and application issues using standard tools like tcpdump.
* Tack-sharp analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Ability to handle periodic oncall duty as well as out-of-band requests.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
Team or role:
Oct 27, 2010
Sign in to see your connections at Google
To all recruitment agencies:Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Germany
View similar jobs:
Telefonica - Karlsruhe
Telefonica - Nürnberg
Junior Specialist Billing Mobility (m/w)
Telefonica - München
Locate this job: