Public Policy and Government Relations Manager, India Job Listing at Google in Gurgaon
Media / Publishing, Business Services
* Develop and lead public policy campaigns across the full range of policy areas that impact Google and the web.
* Engage directly with politicians and policy-makers.
* Build a network of trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups and others to support policies that will help create/maintain a user-focused online environment as well as an open Internet.
* Strong academic record with minimum of bachelors degree or equivalent.
* Direct experience working within national politics, government, think tanks, public interest groups or the field of corporate public policy.
* Broad policy experience and preferably direct knowledge in one or more of the following fields: privacy, intellectual property, content regulation, telecoms and online safety.
* Experience working in high-stress environments and a proven ability to exercise judgement even in a crisis.
* Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand.
* Self starter with the ability to think, plan, and execute large projects.
* Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience, including to lead campaigns and mentor more junior members of the team.
Our job is to advocate for Google on the big public policy issues of the day. Technology moves quickly, so it's important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics and third parties to help them understand the issues that affect the Internet and our users. Google and the web touch a lot of public policy debates, so we're looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join our team. Life at Google is rarely quiet, and never boring so to succeed here, you'll need to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage different campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. Ideal candidates will be inspiring advocates and enthusiastic team players, eager to help shape the future direction of Internet policy.
Team or role:
Legal & Government Relations
Oct 04, 2012
Sign in to see your connections at Google
To all recruitment agencies:Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
CIB Tech - Infrastructure & Controls - Senior Architect/Engineer
J.P. Morgan - NY, New York
Software Guidance & Assistance - New York, NY
Arnold-Hanafin Corporation - New York, NY
Locate this job: