Security Engineer, Red Team Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-33161)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you will actively test products, vendors and acquisitions looking for security flaws, following up with expert advice to ensure they get resolved. You will build tools and systems to make bug finding or remediation faster, easier or more comprehensive. All the while you will be on the look out for novel ways in which Google may be attacked, organizing live Red Team exercises to test these scenarios and provide remediation assistance.
* Conduct security reviews of infrastructure, applications and policies of third party vendors.
* Conduct network, system and application level black box testing against both internal and external targets.
* Propose, organise and run Red Team style penetration testing of Google products and systems.
* Develop tools or systems to improve efficiency or effectiveness.
* BA/BS in Computer Science
or equivalent practical experience.
* 2 years of relevant work experience analyzing the security of systems (penetration testing, Web Application security testing, threat modeling, etc.).
* Development experience in one or more object oriented languages such as Java, C, C++ or Python.
* 4 years of relevant work experience analyzing the security of systems (penetration testing, Web Application security testing, vulnerability scanning, threat modeling, etc.).
* General security background in the use of cryptography, network/systems/physical security, authentication, authorization and usability.
* Knowledge of network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods.
* 1 year in a full time programming role with C, C++, Python or Java.
* Highly organized approach to projects.
* Excellent project management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in Switzerland
Locate this job: