Software Engineer Job Listing at Google in Taipei (Job ID googleus-42166)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies which have changed how millions interact, making accessible and useful the world's information. Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search To handle information at the the scale of the web requires ideas from every areas of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
As a software engineer in Google Taipei, you will work on Google Chrome OS and Chromebook development. Chrome OS is an open source, lightweight operating system designed for speed, simplicity and security. A Chromebook is a new, faster computer running Chrome OS as its operating systems. With your technical expertise, you will be involved in many projects relating to the broad areas of Chrome OS/Chromebooks, including firmware, OS kernels, drivers, audio/video, factory testing tools and related server efforts. You will manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
* Develop new products and features, ARM or x86 firmware/bios, and system bring-up for global users.
* Develop Linux kernel and/or device drivers.
* Build systems and tools to test hardware performance and qualify components.
* Write server-side code for web-based applications.
* Specialist domains: audio/video processing, system security.
* BA/BS, MA/MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent work experience).
* Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures concepts.
* Strong C/C++/Python/assembly programming skills.
* Knowledge of ARM or x86 assembly, system BIOS, Linux kernel, device drivers.
* Experienced with system programming.
* Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Taiwan
View similar jobs:
DPTF/ESIF Software Application Engineer
Intel Corporation - Taipei, Taiwan
Service Sales Manager Job
VMware - Taipei, Taiwan
Digital Marketing Specialist
J.P. Morgan - Taipei, Taiwan
Locate this job: