Software Engineer Job Listing at Google in Chicago, IL (Job ID googleus-43142)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
As a Software Engineer, you have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems. Google is much more than search, and our mission has much greater scope. To handle information at the scale of the web requires ideas from just about every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design, etc.
You will work on many projects that carry varying responsibilities. Below are some examples of the diverse projects with which you might be involved.
* Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. You should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development.
* Build our platforms, systems and networking infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large scale storage systems.
* Build internal systems used by thousands of Googlers around the world with your domain expertise in HR, Staffing, Legal, and all other corporate functions.
* Specialist domains: UI development with AJAX and similar technologies, client application development for Windows/Mac (Chrome, Toolbar, etc.), embedded systems and mobile apps (Android), developer tools (IDEs, large-scale build systems, compilers), internationalization.
* BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
* 6 years of relevant work experience, including large systems software design and development experience, with extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
* MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 8 years of relevant work experience, including programming experience in C/C++ and/or Java with strong OO skills.
* A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Junior .Net Programmer
Kelly Services - Warrenville, IL
Learning Technology Specialist - North Central US
Pearson - Chicago, IL
Informatica Lead -- Chicago, IL
Accenture - Chicago, IL
Locate this job: