Software Engineer Job Listing at Google in Munich (Job ID googleus-43144)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search. Our products need to handle information at the the scale of the web. We're looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
* Research, conceive, and develop innovative software tools, applications, services and platforms to extend and improve on Google's internal systems or external product offering.
* Create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
* Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing the very latest in cloud computing infrastructure, developer tools, and web and mobile technologies. You could be working on the Google AppEngine, Google Web Toolkit, Chrome browser, or our own programming language, Dart.
* Solve all complex, challenging and interesting problems that come your way.
* Doctoral, Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent practical experience.
* Extensive programming experience in Java or C/C++ with strong object oriented skills.
* 2 years of relevant work experience in software development.
* A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structure, algorithms, and software design.
* Specialization in network programming, large scale software systems, developer tools (IDEs, large-scale build systems, compilers, version control systems) and/or embedded systems.
* Superior analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Experience with UNIX/Linux, Windows and/or Mac environments, distributed systems, information retrieval systems, operating systems, web-based systems and services, and open web standards and technologies.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Germany
View similar jobs:
Senior Developer/Development Architect (f/m) @SAP Custom Development with focus on Transportation Job
SAP - St. Ingbert, Germany
(Snr) UX Designer: Employee Central Job
SAP - St. Leon Rot, Germany
(Senior) Developer (f/m) for the Innovation Center Potsdam Job
SAP - Potsdam, Germany
Locate this job: