Software Engineer Job Listing at Google in Beijing (Job ID googleus-47073)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google is much more than search, and our mission has much greater scope. You will handle information at the scale of the web requires ideas from just about every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design, etc.
* Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. You should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development.
* Build our platforms, systems and networking infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large scale storage systems.
* Build internal systems used by thousands of Googlers around the world with your domain expertise in HR, Staffing, Legal, and all other corporate functions.
* Specialize in one of these domains: UI development with AJAX and similar technologies, client application development for Windows/Mac (Chrome, Toolbar, etc.), embedded systems and mobile apps (Android), developer tools (IDEs, large-scale build systems, compilers), internationalization.
* BS related technical discipline
or equivalent practical experience.
* Programming experience in C/C++ and/or Java.
* 2 years of experience (including time working towards advanced degrees and/or experience).
* Large systems software design and development experience, with extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
* MS, or PhD in Computer Science.
* Strong OO skills.
* A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
* Fluency in English (reading and writing).
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in China
View similar jobs:
Locate this job: