Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering Job Listing at Google in New York, NY (Job ID googleus-37163)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google.com engineers are expert coders with a strong understanding of algorithms and data structures. This includes code-level troubleshooting of service anomalies to safeguarding the availability of our most popular services; from monitoring and response to building new automation infrastructure to balancing the desire for change management with the need for stability.
All team members must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding, good communication skills, and most of all penchant for tackling the complex problems of scale which are uniquely Google. We tackle challenging, novel situations every day, and work with just about every other engineering and operations team at Google in the process.
* Large-scale production software troubleshooting.
* Ongoing capacity planning.
* Monitor and maintain mission critical services.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field/degree
or equivalent practical experience.
* Fluency in one or more of: C, C++, Java; and familiarity with one or more of: Python, Perl, Shell, PHP.
* 4 years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
* Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Knowledge of IP networking, network analysis, performance and application issues using standard tools like tcpdump.
* Ability to handle periodic on call duty as well as out-of-band requests.
* Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Systems and Storage Engineer
KellyMitchell Group - Middletown, NJ
Sr. Java Software Developer
Robert Half Technology - New York, NY
Senior Distributed Developer - Trading Platforms
Software Guidance & Assistance - New York, NY
Locate this job: