Strategic Negotiator, Network Content Distribution Job Listing at Google in London (Job ID googleus-41149)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
As a Strategic Negotiator, you will play a pivotal role in driving Internet peering and Google caching programs in close coordination with technical and product teams. You will analyze network traffic data reports to identify where Internet traffic is destined or sourced, negotiate with ISPs, carriers, network operators and mobile providers for interconnect capacity and other programs like content caching, and will work closely with internal and external provisioning teams to ensure that peering connections are upgraded in a timely and effective manner. You have substantial knowledge of both the technical and commercial aspects of global and regional networks, excellent numerical analysis skills, understands how to manage complex technical projects, and has a flair for goal-focused commercial and contractual negotiation, all while maintaining both a smile and a sense of humor throughout.
You are able to work successfully across diverse geographies, circumstances, expectations, environments, cultures, paradigms, and technologies. You are a highly technical, business-savvy individual, who is interested in helping to build one of the world's largest networks.
* Build strategic long-term relationships with ISPs, carriers and operators for effective, efficient and scalable delivery of Google content to users.
* Identify, negotiate and close contracts covering Internet interconnect, peering, colocation, fibre and content distribution services.
* Develop numerical analysis techniques to understand large amounts of network performance and traffic data.
* Communicate progress internally, and collaborate with a wide variety of internal teams including product and business development, legal, network architecture and deployment.
* BA/BS degree in a technical field
or equivalent practical experience.
* Substantial telecommunications experience.
* Experience working in a senior IP network planning or implementation role at an ISP, telecoms operator, carrier or CDN. Experience encompassing technical, commercial and legal areas of the above areas.
* International experience; fluent in English, additional languages.
* Technical and commercial knowledge of operator network topology and architecture, IP routing and CDN platforms.
* Strong data-driven analytical and problem solving skills.
* Willing to travel.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Netherlands
View similar jobs:
CA Technologies - Utrecht, Netherlands
Strategic Program Manager - EMEA (f/m) Job
SAP - S Hertogenbosch, Netherlands
Locate this job: