Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering Job Listing at Google in Dublin (Job ID googleus-45093)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google.com Engineering makes Google''s services fast and reliable for hundreds of millions of users. Described as "software engineering for adrenaline junkies", the team combines software development, networking, and systems administration expertise to build and run massively distributed, fault-tolerant software systems and infrastructure. We hire technology mavens who love being in the center of the action, and we routinely tackle complex software and systems issues ranging from distributed change propagation on live serving systems, to designing and deploying cost-aware load balancing systems for the largest user-facing service in the world.
* Manage the availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of Google services by engineering reliability into software and systems.
* Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence.
* Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems.
* Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
* Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a global team.
* BA/BS in CS or related field
* r equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with UNIX systems administration including solid scripting skills in Shell, PHP, Perl, or Python.
* Expertise in data structures and algorithms.
* Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Knowledge of IP networking, network analysis, performance and application issues using standard tools like tcpdump.
* Tack-sharp analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Ability to handle periodic oncall duty as well as out-of-band requests.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Dublin, Ireland
View similar jobs:
Quark DFX Design Engineer
Intel Corporation - Leixlip, Ireland
Graduate Quality Engineer Job
SAP - Dublin, Ireland
Test Automation Specialist Job
SAP - Dublin, Ireland
Locate this job: