Groningen, The Netherlands Job Listing at Google in United States of America
Media / Publishing, Business Services
* Contribute to the team in the deployment, projects and support of new data center infrastructure as our Linux cluster grows.
* Fix broken servers: replace hard drives, replace bad sticks of RAM, etc.
* Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS related issues on our servers.
* Install and maintain switches, routers, and other large scale networking gear.
* Help test and troubleshoot new server hardware components and designs.
* Degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience).
* LPIC or equivalent experience working with Linux (Red Hat, Slackware, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo) or UNIX (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, BSD).
* Good understanding of basic OS, PC hardware and networking concepts, tools and protocols.
* Hands on experience working with and troubleshooting of HW/network related issues using Linux based tools.
* Ability to lift/move 50 lbs (25kg) equipment on a daily basis.
* This position requires shift work that may include after hours, weekends and holidays.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
Team or role:
Data Center & Network
Apr 18, 2012
Groningen, The Netherlands
Sign in to see your connections at Google
To all recruitment agencies:Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Telecommuting jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
AmeriPlan - Charleston, South Carolina
Talent Retriever - Boston, MA
Web Presence Sales Position
New Covenant Software - Newmanstown, Pennsylvania
Locate this job: