Technical Program Manager, Computing Infrastructure Capacity and Resource Planning Job Listing at Google in CA
Media / Publishing, Business Services
* Work with Google Engineering groups, create medium to long term demand forecasts for compute resources and coordinate the efforts of finance, application/service, and hardware fulfillment teams to converge on a common capital plan.
* Develop and execute plans to deliver compute resources as called for in the capital plan under a set of implementation and delivery time constraints, optimizing for a complex blend of supplier cost, service opportunity cost, and fulfillment option costs.
* Manage compute resource allocation amongst many competing demands, while ensuring that resources do not sit underutilized at any point in their lifespan.
* Provide a thorough cross-check of the compute resource planning effort based on analysis of Google application needs.
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
* 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience with launching Internet software/services and large scale-distributed systems.
* Master's degree.
* 6 years of relevant work experience, including 4 years industry experience.
* Experience with statistical modeling and analysis
* Experience managing large-scale, aggressive, and dynamic technical projects, with competing resources and priorities.
* Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
* Knowledge of the tools and elements of project management. Sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end project lifecycle. Excellent communication skills.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
Team or role:
Aug 11, 2008
Mountain View, CA, USA
Sign in to see your connections at Google
To all recruitment agencies:Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in London
View similar jobs:
CIB - Informatica Developer - Associate
J.P. Morgan - DE, Delaware
CIB Application Developer - VP - London
J.P. Morgan - United Kingdom
CIB - Risk - Quantitative Research
J.P. Morgan - United Kingdom
Locate this job: