Technical Program Manager, Chrome/Chrome OS Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-42179)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
As a Technical Program Manager, you'll keep an innovative engineering team firing on all cylinders, keep up a pace of frequent releases, and keep users happy. You have experience in leading teams through successful releases of consumer software, whether as a project manager, release manager, or team lead.
You will work closely with software engineers, product managers, and the open source community to get high-quality products and new features built, tested, and released on time. You'll coordinate lots of fast-changing, moving parts and still get them to come together as a product. You'll need excellent communication skills to be the center of the universe for all questions about release schedules, quality, and progress updates. You will be responsible for identifying and managing risks, making sound judgements about quality, and stopping (or speeding up) production at the right time.
* Plan and prioritize implementation tasks for software releases.
* Monitor quality of releases and interim development, triage and assign issues. Coordinate fixes for release branches and publish releases.
* Monitor incoming bugs and code changes to identify quality issues and trends.
* Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
* Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company and open source community.
* Computer Science degree
or equivalent practical experience.
* 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience managing and improving software engineering processes (bug tracking, builds, test, and release).
* Master's degree.
* Experience shipping consumer desktop products or OS systems in Windows or UNIX/Linux.
* In-depth familiarity with one source code management system (SVN, Perforce).
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Tech Team Program Manager
Talentburst, Inc. - Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Network Engineer - HANA Enterprise Cloud Job
SAP - Dublin, CA
VISUAL DESIGNER P&I COO DEVELOPER EMPOWERMENT AND CULTURE Job
SAP - Palo Alto, CA
Locate this job: