Technical Program Manager, Google Infrastructure Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-37178)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
As a technical program manager for Technical Infrastructure Engineering at Google (including networking, storage, and cluster), you will be central to the operations of the cross-functional team. On a daily basis you will be responsible for working with a wide variety of software engineering teams, internal customers, Google’s cloud platform, product managers, finance, and operations teams to orchestrate and lead the team through many production and software release cycles.
Beyond solid program delivery and technical skills, you should be able to manage and deliver multiple storage-based projects. Responsibilities include coordinating cross-team designs and road maps, internal and external team development schedules and deployment to customers. Depending on the person's background, they would also be a core participate in the design of various systems and outreach to customers internal to google. You should be a professional with proven experience in problem solving, software product development, and delivery of complex large-scale hardware/software projects. You are a top performer with a rare and specific skill set who will thrive in a very fast-paced and demanding environment. Your ability to think critically, lead through intellect, deliver quickly, and to partner across a wide variety of functions at Google to drive change in a complex setting will be essential. You will have strong internal drive, a tenacious spirit, a collaborative method of working and deep experience in delivering complex systems on time. You will need excellent communication skills to be the center of the universe for all questions about schedules, quality and progress updates.
* Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with Google engineers and technical staff to develop and track release milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together.
* Gather requirements and define the scope of the project. Find resources, manage resource allocation for projects. Develop a plan and schedule, with well-defined milestones.
* Manage communication of progress/status within the core team and external to the team (customers, partners, etc); escalate issues as necessary.
* Remove roadblocks and keep processes running smoothly.
* Computer Science degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Master's degree in a technical field.
* 6 years of relevant work experience, including 4 years industry experience in managing large, complex projects.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills, understands what it takes to write code, and has exposure to large-scale systems.
* Adept at leading teams of highly talented, independent individuals with a track record of quickly earning credibility based on your knowledge throughout, and amazing accomplishments.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical abilities.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Serene Corporation - Santa Clara, CA
Web Engineer II
Shutterfly, Inc - Sunnyvale, CA
Software Systems Test Engineer
Audience, Inc - Mountain View, CA
Locate this job: