Technical Program Manager, Site Reliability Engineering Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-42181)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
The Technical Program Manager role in Google's Site Reliability Engineering group is at the core of preparing for the continued exponential growth of Google's Applications and/or Infrastructure. You will play a pivotal role ensuring that Google services/infrastructure are carefully planned and deployed in a time, place and configuration which is ideal for serving Google's users. Your role sits at a nexus of capacity planning, technical project execution, product planning, business analysis, site reliability, and software engineering. You should be comfortable driving massive projects which span lots of teams, have a strong interest in serving our users, can think critically and strategically about Google as a business and as an operation, and can absorb and process insane amounts of technical background on one of the most impressive computational infrastructures in the world. Technical Program Managers are equally at home explaining their analyses and project recommendations to executives as they would be discussing the technical merits of next-generation architectures with Google's engineers, or building tools to automate and scale their impact.
* Interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
* Lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple simultaneous projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
* Handle data collection and automation challenges.
* Perform operational forecasting, and capacity planning.
* Identify metrics and drive initiatives to improve the quality of Google Services.
* BS in Engineering or IT-related field or equivalent practical experience.
* 2 years of relevant work experience, including 1 year industry experience or equivalent.
* 4 years software development, data center, operations, or computing infrastructure-related experience, including experience in multi-tiered distributed application environments.
* Excellent project management, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills.
* Focused and agile under pressure.
* Strong customer service focus, with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams.
* Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Orchestration Systems Engineer
Intel Corporation - Santa Clara, CA
SAP HANA Development Engineer Job
SAP - Dublin, CA
Web Analytics Developer
Safeway - Pleasanton, CA
Locate this job: