Technical Project Manager, Google Fiber Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-39177)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google works with thousands of strategic partners across the globe every day. The Global Infrastructure Commercial Operations team is responsible for ensuring that these partnerships run seamlessly. Part financial, part legal and administrative, and part infrastructure engineering operations, you ensure commercial compliance between Google''s data center and network operations and our global partners. As a member of the team, you proactively review existing and new contracts, permits, terms and obligations and collaborate with teams across the company and to refine and maintain contractual data. You coordinate with facilities, network operations, global negotiators, and finance to ensure that vendors are accurately and fairly compensated according to contractual terms. As Google continues to innovate and grow, you also work on special compliance projects with municipalities, government entities, mergers and acquisitions. Your diligence ensures all users and partners have uninterrupted operations and 100% satisfaction.
Google is always striving to innovate and our Fiber-to-the-Home program is no exception. We''re building one of the fastest national broadband networks to deliver next generation Internet content to users. If you want the opportunity to work on a state-of-the-art high-profile program, look no further than the opportunity to frame the future of broadband.
* Manage proposals, bids, scope definition, engineering design cycles and design review and approvals for a FTTH network.
* Manage proposals and bids for the construction requirements to support the engineering design for a FTTH network.
* Manage project budgets, scheduling, planning and contractor resource assignment and track contractor performance including billing against budget and contract.
* Prepare scopes of work (SOW), project change orders and other materials sufficient to meet contractual requirements.
* Work with and communicate progress to internal stakeholders and ensure that projects are scoped properly and handed off seamlessly for network deployment.
* BS or BA degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 10 years of experience with fiber network deployments, including experience with constructing new outside and inside plant fiber infrastructure, and 5 years of experience with FTTH infrastructure.
* Experience with creating network drawings, route maps and scopes of work.
* Experience interpreting fiber test results and auditing projects for compliance with scopes of work.
* A deep understanding of inside and outside plant fiber optic network infrastructure, engineering design and construction.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Services Sales Engagement Manager, Big Data -Financial Services - West Job
SAP - Palo Alto, CA
Sr. Member of Technical Staff - vCenter Operations Manager - Cloud Management BU
VMware - Palo Alto, CA
R&D Manager - vCloud Automation Center - Cloud Management BU
VMware - Palo Alto, CA
Locate this job: