Technical Training and Certification Program Manager, Cloud Platform Job Listing at Google in Mountain View, CA (Job ID googleus-47089)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
In this role, you will work with developers and engineers to define and validate critical skills required for consulting engineers and solutions consultants. You will drive the creation of a new technical training and certification program for Google Cloud Platform. Google Cloud Services is looking for a training and certification manager with a proven track record of developing and delivering training content and certification programs for technical consultants. This includes delivering instructor-led training in both traditional classroom and virtual (web-based) classroom settings, as well as leading all aspects of a cloud technology certification program (including exam development and delivery vendor management). You will be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects simultaneously, provide quick responses and meet aggressive deadlines. You are an extremely self-motivated, autonomous individual who will lead all areas of course and certification program development and delivery.
* Deliver instructor-led training courses for software developers in both traditional classroom, e-learning development, and virtual (web-based) classroom settings. Preparing equipment and systems for training delivery. Be responsible for all phases of course and certification development for assigned projects. Ensure train-the-trainer sessions are conducted in a standardized, accurate, and level appropriate manner to ensure maximum learning and knowledge transfer. Works closely with stakeholders to continuously improve the effectiveness of the content.
* Be accountable for the delivery of exams that are valid, reliable, secure and follow a psychometrically sound development process; as well as serve as our go-to” person for certification-related communications (e.g., website content, certification community) and own the delivery of regular reports on the status and financial aspects of the program.
* Work with subject matter experts, technical writers, product managers, other departments, and outside resources to organize and develop training materials and certification exams. This includes writing instructional content, creating and testing hands-on exercises, creating presentations and visual aids, creating technical assessments and tests, developing eLearning content, reviewing courses developed by others and validating test results.
* Use strong project management processes to ensure quality and timely completion of development projects. Maintain a high level focus on customer satisfaction, provide feedback to product team, and update management on project/activity status. Stay current in best practices, tools, and applications across learning, training and certification industry.
* BS in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of technical training content and curriculum development & hands-on certification program management in software or internet industry.
* Demonstrated ability to modify program(s) based on the changing needs throughout the business growth. Strong background in and working knowledge of cloud computing area.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with multiple audiences and levels, both internally and externally. Proven ability to think outside the box. Strong technical account management, customer service, and project and time management skills.
* Team player/self-starter with the ability to analyze tasks, work independently and to drive projects to completion. Desire to work in a fast paced delivery focused environment. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Travel up to 25%. Ensure regional and cultural challenges are considered and incorporated into the training design. Ability to travel internationally.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Talentburst, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA
User Interface Software Engineer
Electronic Arts - Redwood City, CA
Senior Software Engineer Visceral Games
Electronic Arts - Redwood City, CA
Locate this job: