Technical Writer, Internal Software Engineering Job Listing at Google in Boston, MA (Job ID googleus-41158)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Technical writers take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely and accurately without relying on technical or corporate jargon to explain what they're trying to say. With a unique cross functional perspective, our team of technical writers are the key link between our engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates and external users and developers who comprise the wide Google ecosystem. As a Technical Writer, you juggle a variety of projects, from reading and writing example code, to updating FAQs, to drafting product announcements. When a new technical challenge rises to forefront, you are there to defuse it with your clarifying pen (or keyboard, more likely).
* Learn complex technical information and write technical documentation for Google engineers, such as architectural overviews, tutorials for software developers, API programming guides, and more.
* Respond to technical questions from Google engineers about the subject matter that you documented.
* Edit documents written by others; coach engineers to improve their writing skills.
* Develop tools and processes to automate document creation and maintenance.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
* Experience working directly within a software development team, including extensive interaction with senior engineers
* Proven track record of researching and writing effective documentation for engineers; experience writing for internal audiences
* Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
* Proficiency with HTML and CSS; proficiency in a UNIX environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Writing/Editing jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Editorial Assistant - Permissions
Pearson - Boston, MA
Technical Writer ($32/hr)
Talentburst, Inc. - Waltham, MA
Pearson - Boston, MA
Locate this job: