Manufacturing Product Engineer, Google Fiber Job Listing at Google in CA
Media / Publishing, Business Services
* Provide on-site support for pre-production builds at CM/ODM, to include driving pre-production factory readiness, supporting product bring-up, providing training and gathering feedback on DFx and yield issues.
* Drive Engineering DVT (Design Validation Testing) support and coordinating with Test Engineering to establish test coverage requirements for manufacturing test process.
* Engage with the Google Fiber Development team to establish parameters for monitoring health of fleet and drive program in support of early field failure analysis.
* Own the front line for production and remanufacturing product issues, monitor health of fleet and initiate investigation of problem areas and root cause product failures and drive corrective action.
* Coordinate release of NPI BOMs into the PDM system, technical review of product changes through supply chain and in field, support second source and EOL replacement part qualification and release of ECOs, MCOs, and FCOs.
* BS in Electrical Engineering (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
* Understanding of BOM structures and PDM systems such as Windchill or Agile
* MS in Electrical Engineering.
* 6 years of relevant work experience at a Networking company with optical experience.
* Experience in working ODM's, contract manufacturers and suppliers to drive root cause analysis, corrective actions and continuous process improvements.
* Experience with SQL and/or scripting languages.
* Successfully created and executed a design validation test plan on a complex electronic assembly.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
Team or role:
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Aug 09, 2012
Mountain View, CA, USA
Sign in to see your connections at Google
To all recruitment agencies:Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in Fresno, CA
View similar jobs:
Materials Handler- 59
Mathis Brothers Furniture - Mathis Brothers, CA
APC - CA
Future Opportunities - Warehouse Technician
Goodyear - Fresno, CA
Locate this job: