Windows System Administrator, Corporate Engineering Job Listing at Google in New York, NY (Job ID googleus-41126)
Media / Publishing, Business Services
Systems Administrators embrace Google''s motto to ensure millions of users can access the world''s information without a glitch. As a Systems Administrator at Google, you own and support the needs of one of Google''s server infrastructure systems. You''re highly technical and work directly with other server and service owners to ensure reliability and sustainability of the Google service infrastructure as well as compliance with internal policies. Success in this role means you are able to support servers in a mixed operating system environment and work efficiently with our internal technology providers as well as other operations groups. Googlers rely on your guidance when it comes to design decisions so you''ll have a direct impact in keeping the business productive.
* Support Google''s complex corporate server and service environment.
* Automate common manual tasks and processes.
* Develop, coordinate and drive local and world-wide server level projects.
* Ensure compliance of server infrastructure with Google policies.
* Optimize existing environment based on business and security needs.
* BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
* 3 years of industry related experience
* Experience with two programming/scripting languages (Python, Powershell, Perl).
* Knowledge of OS internals (file systems, storage, process lifecycle, etc).
* Experience in configuration management of operating system platforms (AD, SCCM, etc.)
* Experience in Windows fleet management activities (access rights, GPOs, etc.)
* Experience with mixed operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, etc)
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
DataXu, Inc. - New York, NY
IT Support Engineer
Software Guidance & Assistance - New York, NY
Sr Member of Technical Staff Software Application Development
AT&T - Middletown, NJ
Locate this job: