Apply on Company Website
Job Title: Cashier
Reports to: Chef Manager, Food Service Manager or General Manager
FLSA status: Nonexempt
Greet guests, making them feel welcome. Operate cash register taking payment from customers. Maintain the front house keeping service areas clean and stocked with product.
- 1 year experience handling cash and operating a cash register.
- 1 year providing excellent one on one customer service.
- Ability to communicate with customers in English.
- Operate Cash Register accurately.
- Recognize menu items and accurately charge customers for purchases.
- Smile, greet, and serve customers making them feel welcome.
- Prepare and stock service areas for hot or cold beverages, such as coffee and teas.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils or equipment.
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend and preparation descriptions.
- Display prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti and bagels.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Wrap, label, or date food items for sale.
- Set up or restock beverage and product displays.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Must follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Accurately record sales on a cash register and make change for customers within a 1% margin of error.
- Merchandising skills.
- Catering or food preparation skills.
Reporting to this position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
- Must be able to use a cash register or computer key board for up to 2 hours continuously.
- Must be able to load and push a cart a short distance.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment