Physician in Chief, Physician Practices Job Listing at HCA in San Antonio, TX (Job ID 006E000000DjINhIAN)
The Physician in Chief provides senior physician leadership for the clinical enterprise, with responsibility for directing the activities of the physician practices and working with senior leaders to help integrate the missions of the clinical departments. The Physician in Chief has oversight responsibilities for the clinical performance of physicians that are part of the enterprise.
The Physician in Chief will be a key member of the senior management team and will provide input, strategic direction, and serve as a clinical interface or spokesperson in a wide variety of venues. The Physician in Chief will work in tandem with the Division Vice President to enhance the strategic and operational position of the practices.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Create a vision for the future of clinical care that enhances and leverages clinical strengths and defines strategic direction
2) Develop and implement strategies to improve and sustain overall clinical performance, patient safety and quality
3) Meet the challenges and changes brought about by new federal healthcare laws
4) Provide on-going counsel to the executive leaderships team on physician and clinical matters
5) Provide a critical communication link between the executive leadership team and the physicians and medical staff leadership regarding issues relating to clinical activity and performance
6) Establish relationships with thought leaders, consultants and key clinicians across the varied segments of interest to ensure that the executive leadership team has a clear understanding of clinicians' needs and requirements as well as medical practice patterns
7) Assure compliance with Medical Board's Quality and Utilization Review Policy and Policy on Credentialing and Peer Review
8) Improve the strategic position of employed practice, including but not limited to:
* Assimilate - Identify and select the right physicians, on-board and orient; balance PCP's Specialists; refine portfolio
* Operate - build volume and assess productivity, manage quality initiatives, enhance revenue, manage cost, technology evaluation and capital planning
* Integrate - enhance clinical coordination, develop organizational models, physician leadership, align financial and quality incentives
9) Provide oversight to Physician Directors within the organization.
1) M.D. degree and relevant Board Certification is required.
2) Ten years minimum experience post residency / internship in clinical practice/ direct patient care as well as experience in another venue (i.e. industry, research, academia, etc.)
3) Recognized by other clinicians or medical community as a strategic thinker or thought leader
4) Previous physician executive experience
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in San Antonio, TX
View similar jobs:
Westover Hills - Full Time Physical Therapist (Tues-Saturday, 30 hours weekly)- San Antonio, TX
RehabCare - San Antonio, TX
Pecan Valley - Weekend PRN PT - San Antonio, TX
RehabCare - San Antonio, TX
Eden Hill - Full Time Physical Therapy Asst - New Braunfels, TX
RehabCare - New Braunfels, TX
Locate this job: